Have you ever seen a girl drumming before? Were you 'wowed' by the fact that a girl could get really good at the drums just like the boys? I love it when they say to me "Wow, I didn't know that this band had a girl as their drummer!" The simple fact is that "drummer chicks" seem to be a growing trend these days so... "Keep it up girls!"
If your interested in drumming keep in mind that technically there is no such thing as "girl and boy drumming." There is just drumming. The taste and style of the drumming being played will be up to you but there is nothing out there that says "This kind of drumming is only for boys, and this kind seems to be more for girls."
Here Is My Drumming! Post Yours Below In The Form!
There are famous girl drummers out there who have made it into the real world scene.
Photo courtesy of Gipsy 58
Girls and Boy Drummers
* Play with more feel
* Play a variety of styles
* May not really concentrate whole heartedly on just one interest like the drums but can share interests
* Don't really care to compete with the boys, they just want to play
* Feel the stereo type that drums should be only for boys
* They are looked up to more greatly if they can beat a boy drummer especially if he's around the same age
* Most tend to like heavy loud music
* If they choose a genre they get really good at it
* Are great at picking a style and sticking to it
* Great at concentrating on one thing like the drums, sticking to it and getting really good
* Would feel super embarrassed if a girl could out do him but then would try to use that as a leverage for competition.
Are You a Girl Drummer?
Are you a Girl Drummer?! We are so rare to find so I wanted to take this Opportunity to give ANY woman/girl drummer a chance to be posted on my website under this webpage! Let your drumming shine!